Its a behavior layman, we wanted to help others as much as possible. Blood donation is one such social activity which save many lives every moment. Blood donation has gained importance, because Human blood can be produced artificially.
Though, we all wish to donate blood to rescue a dying person; despite of many volunteers, social groups that are working for the cause. But sometimes you will be kept away from donating blood because of the reasons you might be unaware of.
Here are the list of few consequences when you cannot donate blood.
1. If have AIDS and other Sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis, Herpes, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea.
2. If you had body piercing, like rings, tattoos. You will be stopped from donating blood for 12 months.
3. If you a re physically weak person. Your Weight should be at least 50 kg's and age should be more than 17.
4. Women cannot donate blood if they are pregnant and for at least 6 months after delivering baby.
5. You cannot donate blood if you are anemic ( iron level in blood is too less).
6. If you got malaria, Chikungunya, dengue or any such disease; you will be denied from giving blood.
7. You will be not be allowed to give blood if you have neuronal problems such as Epilepsy, weakness in nerves.
8. You should wait at least two months (56 days) after donating blood to donate blood again.
9. You cannot donate blood for at least 48 hours after drinking alcohol.
10 You cannot donate blood if you are taking any antibiotic. You should not donate blood for at least 15 days after taking an antibiotic.
11. If you have jaundice or hepatitis in the last 12 months
12. If you are suffering with disorders of Vitamin K deficiency or related problems like blood clotting issues cannot give blood.
Please don't hide any deformity and consult doctor in any circumstance before donating blood. If you hide any disease or deformity, it will have adverse affect on both the blood giver and sometime may be fatal to the patient receiving blood.